During the primary season, we will endeavor to provide a page and/or links to every candidate running for offices serving Fremont County. After our candidates have been selected to represent our values in the general election, we will focus the content here on those candidates and the pivotal issues.
We are excited to report that many new and old faces are enthusiastically supporting the Fremont County Democratic Party. Over the last year we enjoyed many successes such as the Get Out The Vote drive, our annual FDR dinner, and generous Century Club donations. Attendance at this fall’s debate watches has been phenomenal! Thanks to all of you for your support!
But we find ourselves at a crossroads and need your help. We are in desperate need of people to step forward and replace the exhausted individuals who, with the support of countless others, have worked tirelessly over the years on events, fund raising, and the county caucus / assembly.
Andrea Stein has graciously agreed to take over the Century Club. Our most important source of funds, the Century Club was founded by Virgil Olson and Jim Milam in 2006, and has been most recently chaired by Roxanne Bradshaw. The Century Club is essential in keeping our office open.
The events committee, made up of Roxanne Bradshaw, Cathe Meyrick, Gloria Stultz, Donna Murphy, and Joan Parker, retired following last year’s FDR dinner and have not as yet been replaced. While Donna Young has agreed to chair the Christmas party, and Janet Reither is chairing the FDR dinner. Janet will need a lot of help putting on the dinner. The FDR dinner has always been our second most important source of income as well as a chance to meet candidates and enjoy a great evening. We do not have a permanent events committee. Volunteer movers and shakers are needed for those important roles.
The upcoming caucus and county assembly are also in jeopardy. Greg Sisk is the current organizer and contact person for this committee, but a chair and additional volunteers are needed. We currently have several dedicated Precinct Committee Persons, however there are multiple openings to be filled at the caucus.
Party visibility is crucial to our presence in Fremont County! Most important is the office, which has been managed and manned by Catherine Sounart for many years, and additional help is needed. Other volunteer opportunities would include participating in community events such as parades, honk and waves, booths, and meet and greets– all to emphasize that there are Democrats living and working in Fremont County.
Please think about what you can contribute to the future of the Fremont County Democratic Party. If not you, who? Bring your ideas to the Central Committee Meeting on Wednesday, November 13th, to show support for our local party and our chair, Heather Zimmerman.
Together we can do this!
Joan Parker, Secretary
Catherine Sounart, Office Manager
- We believe that if you work hard, you deserve the opportunity to earn a good life.
- We believe that our economy should work for those who work hard, not just those at the top.
- We believe that government should work for the people, not just the well-connected and special interests.
- We believe in creating more opportunities to earn a good life and increase incomes that allow families to get ahead and save for the future.
- We believe that every Coloradan should have access to affordable health
care,and that no one should go broke because they get sick.
- We believe all children in Colorado deserve a
high qualityeducation, regardless of family income or their zip code.
- We believe in rewarding businesses that create jobs here in Colorado and do right by their workers — not special interests and irresponsible corporations.
- We believe that everyone should be treated equally under the law, and everyone should have the freedom to make their own choices and live the life they want.
- We believe that everyone is entitled to clean air and water, and safe, livable communities.
- We believe in protecting our public lands.
- We believe in managing our growth to maintain the Colorado way of life. That means upgrading and modernizing our transportation, infrastructure, and our schools.
- We believe that we all have a responsibility to ourselves, our families and our communities.
- We believe that we have the power to change Colorado for the better.
Join us at ColoradoDems.org
and here at http://FremontCountyDems.org
The Central Committee Meeting
is held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month
Quality Inn & Suites 3075 E. US 50, Canon City
See the Event Calendar for specific dates and details
(719) 276-9150 FREMONT COUNTY DEM’S OFFICE
Meeting begins at 6:30 p.m.
Come early for dinner, drinks, and fellowship in the hotel restaurant.